eyeBUY are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.eyebuy.co.uk. This includes:
o The information provided when registering to use our site
o Subscribing to our newsletter
o Competitions or promotions
o When requesting further services or information on our products
o When you report a problem with our website
When contacting us, we may keep a record of that message. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including purchases or refunds)
·Details of your visits to our site including:
o Traffic data
o IP address
o Location data
o Browser type
o Referral source
o Length of visit
o Page views
o Other communication data
IP Address & Cookies
Information about your computer may be collected this might include your IP address, operating system, and browser type. This data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual; it is used only for statistics.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability and smooth running of many websites.
Security of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure at times, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. However, we will do our best to protect your personal data. Any transmission sent is at your own risk.
Once your information has been received, strict measures and security procedures will be carried out to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password without your consent and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal information to:
· Administer the website;
· Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
· Enable your use of the services available on the website;
· Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
· Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
· Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
· Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
· Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business, if you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
· Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
· Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not use your information to:
· Provide third parties with statistical information about our users
We use Paypal to take our payments. This is a third party Payment Service Provider and is one of the largest payment management systems in the world and is well known. PayPal is fully PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant. Their website is secured with 112-bit encryption.
Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro/Switch, Solo, Visa Electron and Visa Debit.
We are not responsible for the loss of any personal payment details, this must be taken up with Paypal directly and we will do all we can to help.
We may disclose information about you to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
· To the extent that we are required to do so by law
· In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
· In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
· To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
· If partial or all assets owned by eyeBUY are acquired by a third party
· To couriers/ shipping companies in order for those companies to contact you regarding your order(s).
International Data Transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including [the United States], [other EU countries]) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Updating your information can also be carried out in the relevant sections. Log in to the ‘My Account’ section of the website and update each section accordingly.